Complaints Procedure

We take complaints about our services seriously and deal with them in confidence. If something goes wrong you should tell us. We can then try to put things right and improve our services in the future. We take all complaints very seriously.

You can get in touch with us by:

·         Filling in our complaints form (please see attached) and send the form to us.

·         Phoning us on: 0141 259 0600.

·         Emailing us on:

·         Writing to us at our address at: 272 Bath Street Glasgow G2 4JR.

·         Or by making an appointment to visit us at: 272 Bath Street Glasgow G2 4JR.

If you have trouble putting your complaint in writing, or want this information in another format, such as large font, please contact us on: 0141 259 0600.

What is a complaint?

We regard a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf.

What can I complain about?

You can complain about things like:

·         Delays in responding to your enquiries and requests.

·         Failure to provide a service.

·         Our standard of service.

·         Treatment by or attitude of a member of staff or an appointed contractor.

·         Our failure to follow proper procedure.

These are some things we can't deal with under the complaints process.

·         Insurance claims.

·         Complaints that are in court or have been heard by a court or tribunal.

Who can complain?

Anyone can make a complaint to us who is a lease holder, landlord or an appointed subcontractor if dissatisfied with our service.

How do I complain?

You can complain in person, by phone, or by writing. It is easier for us to resolve complaints if you make them quickly and directly. Then we can try to resolve any problems on the spot.

When complaining, tell us:

·         Your full name and address.

·         As much as you can about the complaint.

·         What has gone wrong.

·         How you want us to resolve the matter.


How long do I have to make a complaint?

Normally, you must make your complaint within six months of:

·         The event you want to complain about, or

·         Finding out that you have a reason to complain, but no longer than 12 months after the event itself.

In exceptional circumstances, we may be able to accept a complaint after the time limit. If you feel that the time limit should not apply to your complaint, please tell us why.

What happens when I have complained?

We will always tell you who is dealing with your complaint. Our complaints procedure has two stages:

Stage One - Frontline resolution

We aim to resolve complaints quickly. This could mean an on-the-spot apology and explanation if something has clearly gone wrong and immediate action to resolve the problem. We will give you our decision at stage one, in five working days or less, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

If we can't resolve your complaint at this stage, we will explain why and tell you what you can do next. We might suggest that you take your complaint to stage two. You may choose to do this immediately or sometime after you get our initial decision.

Stage Two - Investigation

Stage two deals with two types of complaint: those that have not been resolved at Stage one and those that are complex and require a detailed investigation.

When using stage two we will:

·         Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days

·         We may contact you to discuss your complaint. This may happen if we need additional details from you to understand why you remain dissatisfied and what outcome you are looking for

·         Give you a full response to the complaint as soon as possible and within twenty working days.

If our investigation will take longer than twenty working days, we will tell you. We will agree revised time limits with you and keep you updated on progress.

What if I'm still dissatisfied?

After we have fully investigated, if you are still dissatisfied with our decision or the way we dealt with your complaint, you can ask the PRHP (Private Rented Housing Panel).

Private Rented Housing Panel

Europa Building

450 Argyle Street


G2 8LH

Tel: 0141 242 0142

Fax: 0141 242 0141



Getting help to make your complaint

We are committed to making our service easy to use for all our customers. In line with our statutory equalities duties, we will always ensure that reasonable adjustments are made to help customers access and use our services. If you have trouble putting your complaint in writing, or want this information in another format, such as large font, please tell us in person, contact us on 0141 259 0600 or email us at

Arrange a Valuation